- If you are happy with the service in your restaurant, taxi, hotel, or any other service, a tip of 10-15% is an appropriate way to show your appreciation.
- Taxis, as in all countries, ask for a rough estimate of the fare before you travel. Ask the driver to use the taximeter and check your change carefully.
- Most people including the Turks drink bottled water. On the subject of drinks, Raki is the national drink in Turkey. It looks like water but is 45% alcohol. Don’t drink Raki like beer.
- Public telephones have three different systems; phone cards, tokens, and credit cards. Phone cards and tokens are sold at Turkish Telecom offices. Tokens are called “jeton” in Turkish.
- When visiting a mosque, dress modestly and take off your shoes before entering. Women may be asked to wear a scarf on their heads.
Tags: Book Ephesus Tour guideEnglish tour guide for EphesusEnglish tour guide in EphesusEphesus in TurkeyEphesus Kusadasi Port tour guideEphesus port guide hireEphesus Port tour guideEphesus tour guideGuide in Ephesushire English Ephesus guideHire Ephesus tour guidehire tour guide in Port of KusadasiKusadasi Ephesus tour guideKusadasi Port tour guideKusadasi traditionslearn about EphesusLocal traditions in EphesusLocal Traditions Of Modern Ephesiansonline Ephesus tour guideport of Kusadasi to Ephesus tour guidetours guide in Ephesus TurkeyVisa requirements for EphesusVisa requirements for Turkey